Dr Lior Sagi
Dr Sagi offers an impressive depth of experience in screening and treatment of melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers and extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of common skin diseases.
In addition to his specialist dermatology training, Dr Sagi has published many research papers and has been engaged on as a clinical instructor by Tel Aviv University, Hadassah Medical School and The Shaare Zedek School of Nursing.
Dr Sagi was awarded his Medical Degree from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel in 2005 before commencing his Specialist Training in Dermatology and Venereology. Since completion of his specialist training, Dr Sagi has worked as a Consultant Dermatologist and has had exposure to a wide range of dermatological conditions.
· Bachelor of Medicine – The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
· Specialist Degree in Dermatology & Venereology – State of Israel Ministry of Health
Recognised Post Graduate Courses
· Psoriasis Preceptorship – St John’s Institute of Dermatology, London
· Psoriasis Medical Education Program – Janssen, Rome
GCP Course – The Israel Medical Association and the School of Public Health, Israel
Licensing and Memberships
· AHPRA Registration
· Registered Specialist in Dermatology & Venereology – State of Israel Ministry of Health
· Certification by the United States Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
· Licence to Practice Medicine – State of Israel Ministry of Health
· Member of the Israel Society of Dermatology & Venereology
· Member of the Israel Medical Association
· Member of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Research and Publications
· Sagi L, Combined Pulsed Dye and CO2 Lasers in Treatment of Angiolymphoid Hyperplasia with Eosinophilia. Lasers in Medical Science, May 2016
· Sagi L, Baum S, Barzilai O, Ram M, Bizzaro N, SanMarco M, Shoenfeld Y. Sherer Y. Novel antiphospholipid antibodies in autoimmune bullous diseases, Human Antibodies. November 2014
• Sagi L, Zvulunov A, Lapidot M, Ben Amitai D. Efficacy and safety of Propanolol for the treatment of infantile hemangioma: A presentation of ninety nine cases. Dermatology, Feb, 2014
· Sagi L, Baum S, Gendelman V, Trau H, Barzilai A. The role of therapeutic plasma exchange in pemphigus vulgaris. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2011;25:82-6.
· Sagi L, Solomon M, Baum S, Lyakhovitsky A, Trau H, Barzilai A. Evidence for methotrexate as a useful treatment for steroid-dependent chronic urticaria. Acta Derm Venereol 2011;91:303-6.
· Sagi L, Baum S, Agmon-Levin N, Sherer Y, Katz BS, Barzilai O, et al. Autoimmune bullous diseases The spectrum of infectious agent antibodies and review of the literature. Autoimmun Rev 2011;10:527-35.
· Sagi L, Trau H. The Koebner phenomenon. Clin Dermatol 2011;29:231-6.
· Lior S, Grigory K, Pnina S, Joseph S, Felix P. Therapeutic hotline. Alefacept in the treatment of hyperkeratotic palmoplantar psoriasis. Dermatol Ther 2010;23:556-60
· Sagi L, Leshem E, Barzilai A, Baum S, Har-Zahav Y, Rahav G. Mycobacterium haemophilum infection presenting as bilateral cellulitis and annular lesion in a heart transplant recipient. Isr Med Assoc J 2010;12:57-8.
· Sagi L, Baum S, Lyakhovitsky A, Barzilai A, Shpiro D, Trau H, et al. Silicone breast implant rupture presenting as bilateral leg nodules. Clin Exp Dermatol 2009;34:e99-101.
· Sagi L, Amichai B, Barzilai A, Shpiro D, Baum S, Neimushin A, et al. Dermatomyositis and small cell carcinoma of the bladder. Can Fam Physician 2009;55:997-9.
· Sagi L, Amichai B, Barzilai A, Weitzen R, Trau H. Pancreatic panniculitis and carcinoma of the pancreas. Clin Exp Dermatol 2009;34:e205-7.
· Boltin D, Boguslavski V, Sagi L, Goor Y, Elkayam O. Antiphospholipid syndrome presenting as unilateral renal artery occlusion: case report and literature review. Rheumatol Int 2009;29:831-5.
· Sagi L, Sherer Y, Trau H, Shoenfeld Y. Pemphigus and infectious agents. Autoimmun Rev 2008;8:33-5.
· Antiphospholipid antibodies in autoimmune bullous diseases, Human Antibodies
· Efficacy and safety of Propanolol for the treatment of infantile hemangioma. A presentation of ninety nine cases
· The role of therapeutic plasma exchange in pemphigus vulgaris
· Evidence for methotrexate as a useful treatment for steroid-dependent chronic urticaria
· Autoimmune bullous diseases. The spectrum of infectious agent antibodies and review of the literature
· Alefacept in the treatment of hyperkeratotic palmoplantar psoriasis
· Mycobacterium haemophiliam infection presenting as bilateral cellulitis and annular lesion in a heart transplant recipient
Dr Sagi has a young energetic family and enjoys many outdoor sports including running, hiking and cycling